PROPERTY DISREPAIR CLAIMS
Everybody deserves to live in a home that is safe and in a good state of repair. Unfortunately some landlords fail to fulfil their duties.
- Is your property in a state of disrepair? For example is the roof leaking, is it damp or does the boiler keep breaking down?
- Have you reported this to your landlord?
- Has your landlord failed to address the problem?
If so, we may be able to help by ensuring that your landlord carries out the necessary repairs. If your landlord refuses, or the works are not satisfactory, we can take court action on your behalf.
If your landlord has failed to carry out repairs you may also be entitled to compensation for stress and inconvenience and any losses that you have suffered.
We have a specialized housing disrepair and statutory nuisance department that assist Council, Housing association or private tenants that suffer from a variety of sub standard housing disrepair conditions that have caused distress, inconvenience and often consequential health problems.
So if your property is suffering from any of the following problems we will be happy to help:
- damp and mould;
- mice and insect infestation;
- water leaks;
- heating and electrical issues; and
- other problems that go unaddressed.
We offer our clients a personal, efficient and unbeatable service on a no win – no fee basis* to ensure that all tenants can seek redress, no matter what the individual financial circumstances are.
We strive to make sure that: –
- all necessary repairs are carried out; and
- where appropriate, seek to obtain reasonable compensation for any losses that arise as a consequence.
In order to provide our clients with the best possible service, we undertake property inspections wherever possible with the tenants to carry out an initial assessment and advise the client of all possible issues and solutions that may arise.